One thing every parent can agree on? Leaving kids with a sitter, especially a new sitter, can be hard. But it really doesn’t have to be! Just remember, everyone deserves a break every once in a while!
There comes a time in every parent’s life where we deal with the struggle and nerves about leaving the kids with a sitter. Thought it was just you? Not a chance! Here are some things you can do:
1. Join Care.com if you are in the process of choosing a sitter. They have a great track record of being able to fit you with a sitter that meets your unique needs. You can give details about the job, screen for applicants, and even do background checks-all on one site!
2. If they are old enough, talk to your kids about what to expect for the night. Having prepared kids is almost as important as hiring the right sitter. Let them know where you will be(within reason). Let them know when to be prepared to see you again. And make sure they know the rules! If it helps, you can create a small reward system for when they behave for the sitter.
3. Fill out a “For the Sitter” form. I have made a great template that you can find in Shop!
4. Give the sitter their own form to fill out It is great to have a visual report on how your kids were. Some important things to make sure they mention? The MOODS your kids were in is really important to know. It can help you with making sure they are better adjusted next time!
5. Enjoy yourself! Happy parents will always be much better for the kids. Us staying relaxed and taken care of are both very important in making sure your kids are taken care of.
Update: The Hello Mamma Shop is now open! You can get printables for organizing, family, fitness, blogging, and more! Check it out!