What is Boardbooster & Why Every Blog Should Be Using It
First of all, to understand Boardbooster, you need to know these things about Pinterest:
1. The more you pin, the better the views! Higher frequency (within reason) is best for Pinterest! They love pins!
2. It’s poor etiquette to only pin YOUR content. Share the love!
3. Frequency does’t mean 100 pins per minute. The best way to get good frequency is by pinning a variety over a span of days.
4. You can read all about Pinterest in my post about it here. But, to sum it up, you should have 1-3 boards for YOUR CONTENT, and 10-15 for OTHER PEOPLE’S CONTENT that is related to your topics. To see all my boards, go ahead and give My Pinterest a follow!
Now that you know those facts, let’s talk about Boardbooster!
This strategy of a variety of pins in a frequent schedule is where Boardbooster comes in. In layman’s terms, it helps you schedule your pins to maximize usefulness!
Now, first of all, money. It does cost a small amount to use it, but you can always start with a free trial. After that you will spend $5-$50 depending on the amount of pins you want to share.
After you have decided on that, there are a few ways to use this great program.
- Pin Mover
- Pin Doctors
Using the Campaigns Feature
What is it? Schedules a drip campaign for your pins. Drip campaigns are known by many other names—drip marketing, automated email campaign, lifecycle emails, autoresponders and marketing automation—the concept is the same: they’re a set of marketing emails that will be sent out automatically on a schedule.
Use this feature for YOUR CONTENT. Here are some more details on it:
- Scheduled Campaign – Takes pins from secret boards and pins them to boards you choose.
- Random Campaign – Pulls random pins and repins them to the designated board
- To use either: Choose a category, make a list of relevant boards, and choose the pin settings.
Using the Scheduler Feature
What is it? Schedules pins from a secret board to other boards of your choosing.
Use this feature for OTHER PEOPLE’S CONTENT.
- Click the pink button labeled “Add Boards”
- Choose the board
- Choose frequency
- On Pinterest, pin to the secret board that it creates
Using the Looping Feature
What is it? Revives older pins so that new subscribers can see your older content!
Use this feature for YOUR CONTENT.
- Click on “Add Boards”
- Choose settings. Optimal is multiple per day, basic times, at 2 pins per day.
Other Features of the Site
1. Pin Mover: Cleans boards up for 1 penny per pin.
2. Pin Doctor: Tests pins to identify a common problem for 1 penny per pin.
3. Group Manager: Helps people with collaborative boards.
4. Pinning History: Shows you stats and trends for your boards.
5. Third Party Viral Pins: It gives you reports on your viral pins!
6. Best Time to Pin: Sends reports on when your re pinning rates are the highest.
That’s the basics on Boardbooster! It really is a great tool. Have another tool you want to share? Leave a comment below!
Have a great day,