Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
Cheeseburgers are so yummy! And, once you take out some of the bad stuff that fast food joints add – you actually get a pretty well rounded meal! Here is my healthy take on In n’ Outs Cheeseburger Protein Style!
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
6 slices American cheese
2 large heads iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
small red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup light mayo
3 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon dill pickle relish
dash of salt and pepper
1. Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
3. Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
4. Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
5. Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to help you get the body you want!
Want more great content? Check out these other pages on the blog!