THM’s Crazy Good Snack Bars
These “THM’s Crazy Good Snack Bars” are BOMB! I love making them on Sundays and then having them available for a few days. If you choose your ingredients right, you can customize it to your taste preferences. Don’t like dark chocolate? Switch it! There is no point in making food that you won’t want to eat.
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 – 1½ cups add-ins
2 tablespoons coconut oil
5 ounces dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and scatter the oats in a 9 X 13 pan. Let them toast, stirring at least once, for about 15 minutes. When they are done they will look slightly golden and you will smell the toasty oats.
2. Line a 9 X 9 pan with parchment paper or foil. You want a piece large enough that the sides will come back over and cover the top of the bars once you fill the pan.
3. While the oats toast heat the oil in a small saucepan on the stove. Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir to make sure the brown sugar dissolves, and turn the heat off.
5. Put the toasted oats in a large bowl. Pour the hot liquid over the oats and stir to coat evenly. Stir in all your add-ins. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Fold the parchment or foil over the top of the granola in the pan and PRESS to fill the corners and flatten. Keep pressing and smooth the granola out so that it is even across the pan.
7. Let the granola bars set up in a cool dry place for at least an hour. They will set faster in the freezer. I like to make mine in the evening and let them set up overnight.
8.Turn them out of the pan onto a cutting board. Peel the parchment or foil away. Slice down the middle and then cut each half into 6 bars. Lay the bars on a clean piece of parchment or foil. Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the sliced bars. Let it set up and ENJOY!
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to help you get the body you want!
Want more great content? Check out these other pages on the blog!